MFCS 2020 is organized in cooperation with EATCS
The MFCS conference series has been organized since 1972. Traditionally,
the conference moved between the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Poland,
while since 2013, the conference travels around Europe. In 2020, it will
come back to Prague, Czech Republic. MFCS is a high quality venue for
original research in all branches of theoretical computer science.
- We have sent out the access instructions for the conference. If you haven't received them, write either to firstname.lastname@example.org or try to register again (for free). For the late registrants we will resend the instructions on Monday.
- Videos are now available from the program page.
Proceedings are now available.
- Program is now available.
- Instructions for preparing 25 minute recorded talk are here. The deadline for uploading your talk is August 17, 2020.
- Registration is now open.
- On-Line MFCS
Based on the poll among the authors of accepted papers we have reached the
decision to hold MFCS 2020 on-line. (Only 30% of the authors indicated
that they could possibly come in person.) Hence, the meeting will take
place electronically using Zoom and other technology, on Tuesday and
Wednesday, August 25-26 between noon and 7pm CET.
Authors of each paper are expected to prepare a pre-recorded talk of 25
minutes that will be made available on-line. In addition to that, there
will be live sessions, where each paper will have a short 5-7 minute
presentation of the paper by the authors with possibility for questions by
the audience. The exact schedule and more details will be made available
There will be mandatory registration to participate in the conference. At
least one author of each paper is expected to register with paid
registration of approximately EUR 100-150. (Registration fees will be used
to cover costs associated with publishing the proceedings, virtual
services, and other miscellaneous expenses supporting the conference and
the community.) All other participants can register for free.
Registration will open soon.
- The coronavirus pandemics is causing a major disruption in lives of many
members of our community. To accommodate those members we decided to
postpone the submission deadline from April 20 to May 4 and the
notification from June 15 to June 29. With the notification we will ask
all authors how likely they are to come for a physical meeting to
Prague as originally planned. Based on this feedback the conference will be
either held physically (with an option of remote participation and a reduced conference fee
for those who cannot attend) or completely virtually. Either way the publication of the
conference proceedings will go forward as usual.
- The conference poster is now available to download and print (updated June 11th, 2020).